Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 30, 2011

My Vote Counts, Your Vote Counts

If you have not seen the above videos of the Wisconsin State Assembly vote and the Wisconsin State Senate vote on the Budget Repair Bill... I encourage you to watch them. You'll have to click your "back" button to get back to this blog...

I hate to admit this, but I will:

I didn't vote last year. Insofar as I did not vote, I am responsible, in part, for whatever has transpired, or will transpire, in my state.

That was wrong, and given the recent events in my beloved Wisconsin, I am deeply regretful. I could give you excuses, but that's all they would be- EXCUSES.

It will never happen again - if I am at all able to get to my polling place, I will vote. It matters - more than I ever really realized, it MATTERS.

I will also KNOW WHAT I AM VOTING FOR... AND VOTING AGAINST.

Political ads are not enough, people. They can, and should, be a springboard for research - but realize what they are, which is generally biased, inflammatory, and sadly, full of finger-pointing.

Please... vote. Let your voice be counted. Do your research; read, Google, talk to others, follow the news - but refuse to be spoon-fed by any one source.

VOTE. VOTE. VOTE.

1 comment: