Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Because I Care

Because I Care...

You ask me why
why I feel and believe as I do
why I fight
why I write
It is because I care

I see the poor, the downtrodden, the exploited, the hopeless
with empathy, compassion
I see the greed that creates human misery
I care

I see the lies that feed the ignorance
that perpetrate fear
anger
hatred
all the while using people as pawns to fulfill an agenda that will ultimately
chew them up and spit them out when they are no longer useful
destroy them
even kill them
Under the guise of patriotism
I feel compassion for them, as well - they "know not what they do"
Because I care


I cannot remain silent
I must speak against the deceivers seeking to enslave us all
Because I care

My religion, intended to speak only love
is being distorted and used to justify hatred and dissent
I weep over this
Because I care

I see those who
see others not as fellow humans, but
as groups to hate, to destroy
not realizing that, just like them, these are mothers, fathers, sisters, brothers
with the same desires, hopes, dreams, needs
for themselves
for their children
I care

I cannot stand by while children suffer, starve, die
while others gluttonously indulge every whim
Because I care

I see my state and nation taken over by those enslaved to money
And again, I care

I see selfishness, greed, prejudice
somehow distorted into righteousness
I care

So because I care
I will fight
I will write
I will try to expose the lies, the deceptions, the corruption
shine a light into the dark places
I will seek truth, and share it with all who would listen

Because
I care

5 comments:

  1. I care too. Thank you for your compassion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, and keep on writing. Please.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not on twitter, because I don't want to get hooked and spend more time than just reading tweets. I thought the #wiunion tweets to the Walker spies at #GUFU2, etc. are hilarious. Could you please share this one with them? I saw it on a black shirt at a swap meet: "Come to the dark side, we have cookies". I have shared many of my ideas indirectly to #wiunion through the blog of a brave soul who nearly starved himself to death for this movement.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YEA !!!!!! CAPITOL POLICE OPENED TWO MORE DOORS OF THE CAPITOL!!! Tweeted from DefendWisconsin.

    ReplyDelete
  5. In Martin Luther King's speech in Riverside Church in New York City in 1969, he said in order for us to conquer the "giant triplets of racism, materialism, and militarism", we must " rapidly begin the shift from a 'thing-oriented' society to a 'people-oriented' society. In a remarkable quote from John F. Kennedy from five years before he said, "Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable". KEEP SAFE WISCONSIN. PEACE, MADISON.

    ReplyDelete